You know you need something different to an office chair when….
It’s all Greek to you! ESD, static safe, airborne particle count, clean room classification; are we speaking a different language?
If it is all Greek to you ( or make that Chinese if your Greek is fluent!) then Techsit can help translate those potential orders.
Now and again your customers will require a more technical spec for the seating in their production / lab / G.M.P etc environments. A spec that isn’t met by the office chairs that are suitable for, well, their office environments. Techsit specialises in technical work seating from G.M.P clean rooms through to Aerospace production and all in between.
So what is the working environment?
- laboratory or medical facilities – you probably need anti-microbial and bleach cleanable finish. Lab benches tend to be higher than desks so a high chair is also likely, glides or brake-loaded castors?
- clean room manufacturing or research – what classification of clean room is it; 3,5 or 7? Roughly translated the lower the class the lower the allowable level of particulates/m³ of air and the right, or wrong, chair quickly contributes to the levels achieved.
- G.M.P manufacturing – may require clean room standard seating plus covered mechs and easily cleanable finish.
- static-sensitive production – will require ESD and anti-static seating. The static charge produced by the average human can easily blow any micro-chip circuitry which is not a good thing when producing, for example, aeronautical components or weapons guidance systems! Electro-static-dispersive seating neutralises this risk within a static safe environment.
- tough production environments – use PU for robust durability combines with comfort. Plus of course die-cast aluminium bases and quality gas lifts to take the beating these chairs may take on multi-shift production sites. Sit-stand or stool for ease of operator movement?
- wet room environments – you will need stainless steel not chrome to cope with the cleaning routine!
Reading this article you would expect that Techsit seating provides the technical specs to fulfil the above criteria, but, what you might not expect, it also provides what you would want from a quality office chair: ergonomic design, adjustabilty, comfort, excellent build standard. Techsit seating is created on a modular concept so that the chairs are tailored for individual and environment best fit. You will certainly recognise the language of synchro-mechs / auto-weight tension-able / brake-loaded / 3-D adjustable etc etc that still applies as much to our technical seating as your office chairs!
Please get in touch if we can help you with any industrial seating enquiries:
0845 051 3812 email@example.com